From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2013 - 17:31:17 CST

Hi,
  I would suggest that you try using the VMD merge structures plugin,
psfgen, or something similar to build the assembly rather than concatenating
files. That said, if you've not had any luck solving this already,
I would guess that you would have better results if you loaded them
into VMD as separate molecules, wrote them out to new files with unique
chain IDs, and then concatenated those files, so that VMD isn't trying to
treat them all as one chain. If, on the other hand, you're trying to
merge them into a single chain, then I think we'd have to see the details
of your file to determine what's going wrong there.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/