From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2013 - 23:59:51 CDT

Hi,
  The files should be in whatever directory you had set as your
current working directory within the VMD text console. Nothing has
changed with respect to the behavior of VMD, so either you were
in a different directory when you ran autopsf, or else your new
machine may not be allowing the files to be written to the VMD
installation directory (e.g. if not run as administrator), so they
don't show up when you go looking for them. I would generally recommend
that you change to a different working directory after starting VMD
so output files like these are easy to locate, etc.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/