From: Luis Gracia (lug2002_at_med.cornell.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 21:42:44 CST

Hi!

I have an annoying problem with vmd (1.8.2). After working perfectly
with vmd, if I close the program and start it again the display window
does not work (only the decoration frames are shown). well, it is
actually there, but just shows whatever the last image I pass over it
(like other windows or programs).
I am using linux (Debian sid) and Quadro2 MXR/AGP/SSE with the nvidia
driver. The first lines of the vmd console seem ok:

Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.8.2 (December 4, 2003)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 1 CPU detected.
Info) OpenGL renderer: Quadro2 MXR/AGP/SSE
Info) Features: STENCIL RN MTX
Info) Textures: 2-D (2048x2048), 3-D (64x64x64), Multitexture (2)

I don't remember having this problem with vmd-1.8.2b2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Best,
Luis