From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 00:15:21 CST

the glxinfo output indicates that you are running VMD on a remote machine
and thus use OpenGL over X (GLX). that is a very tricky configuration on
linux. you probably need to update the nvidia drivers on the remote machine.

also you should very carefully check whether the driver update has worked
properly. it looks as if there are some library inconsistencies where part
of
what you use are the default (mesa based) opengl libraries and some other
part are the libraries shipped by nvidia. this is also *very* problematic.

this is near impossible to debug and fix from remote.

axel.