From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2011 - 22:49:32 CST

Hi,
  I will be posting a new beta version of VMD 1.9.1 that will include a 64-bit
VMD version for MacOS X 10.6.x and later. I will be eager to get feedback from
Mac users as to how well this version works for them.
You'll still have a finite amount of memory available for analysis, but it should
allow you to work with much larger trajectory subsets, limited by your machine's
physical memory.