From: Vlad Cojocaru (vlad.cojocaru_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de)
Date: Tue Nov 22 2011 - 08:13:29 CST

I.E.D. (Interactive Essential Dynamics) should still be a good piece of
code to visualize PCA modes from ptraj and gromacs ...
I know it requires (or at least used to require) source compilation of
VMD and I also know its not being developed further (pity) but I find it
good for visualization purposes.

If somebody asks me what feature I am missing in VMD, is the
incorporation of IED as a standard plugin or the development of an
alternative plugin that can be accessed through the Extensions menu in
VMD ... Maybe even a PCA calculator would be quite nice ... I also know
the answer to this question could be another question: why don't I
develop such a tool ? I wish I had the time to do it ....

And then movies can be created with the VMD movie maker plugin.

Best,
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine