From: Tristan Croll (tristan.croll_at_qut.edu.au)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2011 - 19:26:21 CST

I just mentioned a similar slow-down problem when discussing a different topic. I'm running Linux (CentOS 6) and when running VMD (particularly when using it with the Novint Falcon) I'd regularly start getting massive slowdown issues, which would persist for a couple of minutes after killing vmd. Turning off the X11 Composite extension seems to have solved it.

Cheers,

Tristan

Tristan Croll
Lecturer
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation
Queensland University of Technology
60 Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove QLD 4059, Australia
+61 7 3138 6443