From: Olaf Lenz (olenz_at_icp.uni-stuttgart.de)
Date: Tue Mar 01 2011 - 03:06:06 CST

Hi!

On 02/28/2011 05:07 PM, soumyajyoti haldar wrote:
> I want to draw a figure to show a graphene surface with periodic
> image. From the graphical representation window, I have drawn
> periodic images in X and Y direction. However, there is no bond
> connection between the periodic images.
[clip]
> Could you please give me some help? I am very grateful if you could
> tell me some convenient way to add bonds between periodic images.
> Thank you very much!

There is no simple way to create bonds to periodic images. The only
thing you can do is to create a single file that contains a number of
copies of the original atoms, shifted by the unit cell geometry, and add
the corresponding bond information.

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart