From: Mark Cunningham (cunningham_at_utpa.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2011 - 20:48:50 CST

Marc:

For compatibility reasons (I run on different machines and cannot guarantee
even the same user name on different sites) I define an environment variable
NAMD_TOPPAR everywhere (in my .tcshrc files ) with something like

setenv NAMD_TOPPAR /home/marc/namd/toppar

In the vmd script, I then do

topology $env(NAMD_TOPPAR)/top_all27_prot_na_carb.rtf

The tcl env() command evaluates environment variables. You need the $
to obtain the value (not the reference). If you plan to put the topology
files in a fixed place for this tutorial, then you can just point to it directly:

topology /home/marc/tutorial/toppar/top_all27_prot_na_carb.rtf

Good luck,

Mark Cunningham
The University of Texas-Pan American