From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 12:59:49 CDT

Romaric,
  Interesting. It is possible that this is a bug in VMD, the CAVE code
is very complicated due to tricky management of shared memory regions.

Can you tell me some more about the problem you're experiencing?
Is this behavior "once per session" running VMD, or
does the B&W image come and go as VMD runs? Or, to put it another way,
if VMD starts up and looks fine, does it stay that way as you continue
to use it, or does this problem with B&W come and go as it runs?

I can provide you with a test version of VMD 1.8.2 that has OpenGL
graphics debugging code enabled that you can use to run some further
tests if you're interested.

Thanks,