From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2010 - 14:01:40 CDT

Hi!

It might be a bit off topic. I wanted to ask whether anybody has had any
experience with the Asus EEE netbook:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220805&cm_re=asus_eee-_-34-220-805-_-Product

ASUS Eee PC 1215N-PU17-BK Black Intel Atom D525(1.80GHz) Dual Core 12.1"
WXGA 2GB Memory 250GB HDD NetBook

In particular concerning the graphics card: Next-generation NVIDIA ION
graphics

Has anybody tested it with glxgear, how many frames per second? Is it
enough to run VMD on it and display and smoothly rotate a molecule (a few
100 AA) with SURF or VDW on? I plan to use it mainly for conference
presentations. Does it have openGL 3D acceleration?

Thanks,

      Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca_at_u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Postdoc at the Department of Bioengineering