From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 10:55:19 CDT

Kelvin,
  Wow, this is a new one. I've never seen this error before.
Since you are running MacOS X 10.2.6, I'm puzzled why you would
get the errors below. Have you run any other OpenGL programs on your
Mac recently? The MacOS X builds of VMD 1.8 were actually done on
a MacOS X 10.1 machine, and so they don't even use any of the new
OpenGL features found in Jaguar etc. The new VMD 1.8.1 builds were
done on a MacOS X 10.2.6 box with the most recent updates applied.
I'm very curious about this. Can you tell me what your Mac says in the
"About this mac" app (top menu item in the apple menu). Open the
menu and select the "Frameworks" tab, and tell me what it says
for the version of OpenGL on your machine??

Do you get exactly the same error with both VMD 1.8.1 and with VMD 1.8??
I assume that you're starting them by clicking on them in the finder right,
not by some other means? Also, these versions are NOT X11 versions of
VMD, they are _native_ versions, so they should have no need for the X11
libraries, as such, its puzzling to me that you are getting this linkage
error against the X11 OpenGL libraries. If you have the same problem
with both VMD 1.8 and VMD 1.8.1, this would be very interesting.

Thanks,