From: Kelvin Chu (kelvin.chu_at_uvm.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 10:37:55 CDT

Hi All;

I'm writing because I'm encountering an error I haven't seen before.

System:
Apple iMac, 0.8GHz running MacOSX 10.2.6.
VMD 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.8.1 beta 4.

When I start VMD, a Terminal wiindow opens with the following output:

/var/tmp/tmp.0.VQRlD2; exit
Info) vmd for MACOSX, version 1.8 (December 9, 2002)
Info) VMD WWW Page: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Please email all comments and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) The authors request that any published work which utilizes
Info) VMD please include the following reference:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
dyld: /Applications/VMD
1.8.app/Contents/Resources/vmd/../VMD_MACOSX.app/Contents/MacOS/
vmd_MACOSX Undefined symbols:
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_noop expected to be defined in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_pkey expected to be defined in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
Trace/BPT trap
logout
[Process completed]

Thinking this was an X11 error, I dl'd and installed the Apple X11 and
X11SDK packages. No change in the errors.

I haven't seen this before and a scan of the threads in the VMD mailing
list hasn't turned up anything pertinent yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-k

--
Kelvin Chu, Physics Department, Cook Building
82 University Place, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405-0125