From: jamesgiacmo_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 29 2010 - 10:12:11 CDT

Hello,
I am having a slight problem with the Tachyon rendering. I have a particular pdb that loads fine into VMD, I highlight the binding pocket I want in a transparent surface representation and a saltbridge in a wireframe surface. I have some residues in licorice. What is happening is that after I issue the render command, it goes to generate the .dat file it usually does before a tachyon render, but the file never stops being written. It has gone on for gigabytes of data without finishing to allow rendering to occur. Is there some kind of problem with the surface commands in Tachyon? I have been able to use surf before with tachyon, but now it will not work. I am also receiving an error:

VMD[3668] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: _CGSFindSharedWindow: WID 198
VMD[3668] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
VMD[3668] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0xc6

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to let the rendering finish?
I am using Mac OSX 10.6 64-bit with VMD 1.8.7

Thanks,
James Thomas