From: Seth Burleigh (wburle_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2010 - 11:20:09 CDT

Im trying to get python to work on ubuntu 10.04. Ive downgraded to
python2.5, installed python-tk, and import Tkinter works when i type python
into the command prompt. However, when i do vmd -python, i get the error
ImportError:/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so: undefined symbol:
PyFPE_jbuf.

I also deleted vmd's custom version of Tkinter, which i thought was causing
the problem at first, so its using the tkinter installed with python2.5

I also tried checking where the executable it was using was located, it was
/usr/bin/python, which was wrong since that was python2.6 on my system, so i
made a symbolic link from /usr/bin/python to python2.5, and it still didn't
work! (same error)..

Anyone?