From: Dr. Daniel James White PhD (dan_at_chalkie.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 04:45:54 CDT

Hi all,

1)
i just wondered if antialiasing is going supported in the OSX VMD1.8.1
Since the aqua interface does lots of antialiasing, the OSX is well
surely well geared for it,
and It would look soooo nice on my flat panel LCD iMac with the NVIDIA
GeForce2 MX.
Shame that the nice new ribbons don't have nice edges....

should there be more open GL extensions available than the ones listed
in my VMD startup below?
Am I doing something wrong.
BTW the native interface looks super! Nice anti aliased menus etc.

2)
On my linux machine (ATI RADEON 8500 64 Mb, athalon 2 GHz, RedHat 8.0,
Xig summit2.2 Xserver)
  I see the rendering performance (fps) drops drastically after the
openGL window is made larger than a certain size.
This does not happen with the OSX version, or with pymol or Bodil on
the linux machine.
Is this something to do with the video memory getting filled up and VMD
having to use virtual memory?
and if so why does it not happen with the other software such as pymol

Do I just need to tweak my settings?

cheers

Dan

[daniel:~] dan% /Applications/VMD/VMD\
1.8.1.app/Contents/MacOS/VMD.startup; exit
Info) VMD for MACOSX, version 1.8.1 (June 15, 2003)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 1 CPU detected.
Info) OpenGL renderer: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX OpenGL Engine
Info) Features: STENCIL RN
Info) Textures: 2-D (2048x2048)

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Cell Biology
Department of biological and environmental science
PO Box 35
University of Jyväskylä
Jyväskylä FIN 40014
Finland