From: Euclid Sun (euclidsun_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 09:04:29 CDT

Hi all,
I installed VMD into Ubuntu 9.10 and I have been trying to get MSMS to
work on it when I found out that newcartoon and newribbons drawing
styles printed a nearly blank screen or just badly shaded shapes of
which could not be seen in VMD. I messed around with the settings and
found that GLSL and normal (which seem to be the same thing) rendermode
print out black shapes and images whilst acrobat3d prints them out fine
although significantly slower than GLSL. Is there a driver I am missing
or some software that I need to make GLSL work? My gpu is a intel
integrated graphics chip
-Euclid