From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 09:10:01 CDT

Hi,
  This is caused by bugs in your Intel graphics drivers. I would
strongly recommend that you seek new or updated drivers by visiting
the Intel support web site or if this is a laptop, you might check your
your laptop vendor's driver pages to see if a newer driver is available.
Intel graphics chipsets have a history of problems with various OpenGL
bugs, but some are just barely usable with the right driver version.
Since you're running Linux, if you have any way to upgrade the GPU
in this machine, you would be much better off with an NVIDIA or
AMD GPU.