From: Thomas Steinbrecher (cd186_at_ipc.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2010 - 10:26:16 CST

Dear vmd users,

I am puzzled what I am doing wrong here:

I have a trajectory (one file of multiple pdb snapshots of the same
molecule separated by END cards) along which a property of my molecule
changes. The value of that property for each atom is written in the
beta column of the pdbs.

When I load the file, it recognizes the number of frames and when I set
the color representation to 'beta', the first frame is colored
correctly. However, when I view the trajectory, the colors dont change,
even if I set 'update color every frame' in the trajectory tab (yes,
the actual numbers in the pdb do change).

Is there something obvious I am missing? Im using vmd 1.8.6 btw.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Dr Thomas Steinbrecher
Universität Karlsruhe
Inst. f. phys. Chemie Abt Theor. Chem. Biol.
Vincenz-Prießnitz-Str. 1
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
phone ++49 721 608 5703
fax ++49 721 608 5710