From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 19 2010 - 16:58:46 CST

Bin,
  At present, there's not currently a way to get an analogous
result from Tachyon or any of the other external renderers. I plan
to add this feature to Tachyon in an upcoming revision however, so that
it'll work correctly in that case at least. I'll have a new version of
VMD and Tachyon that you can test in a week or so if all goes well.