From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 2010 - 17:17:35 CST

On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 23:42 +0530, gurunath katagi wrote:
> Dear all,
> after loading a molecule into vmd, in order to display the bond length
> between 2 atoms, we pick two atoms and the bond length is displayed.
> (eg: label bond 0/2245 0/3567).
> But instead of displaying the bond length between the 2 atoms , i want
> to display some other parameters (say weight (provided by the user)).
> i.e its like displaying the weight of the edge between two connected
> nodes of a graph.
>
> Can anybody kindly suggest me how go about this in VMD ?

you can write arbitrary text to arbitrary positions
in the coordinate system of the molecule using the
graphics text command.

if you want to update it dynamically, you have to
keep track of the graphics id's that are the return
value of each graphics command, store them away in
a globally accessible location (or using a namespace),
and then put a trace on the vmd_frame variable for
the molecule, so that you can selectively delete and
redraw those graphics commands.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology