From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 24 2009 - 17:28:33 CDT

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 16:27 -0500, Mohd Farid Ismail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a simple search and it seems that no one else is having problems
> with or solved problems with Intel X3100 laptop GPU and VMD. Although
> quite a few actually have problem with OpenGL GLSL issue with the GPU.
> My question is, is there a workaround of this problem?

not really. there is no real cure against a buggy and incomplete
graphics driver than a correct and complete one. the best way to
get this is to report problems to the driver developers.

> I am using a Dell D630 (Windows 7 x64) with integrated Intel X3100
> GPU, and the "WARNING: This GPU driver is buggy, or doesn't fully
> implement GLSL" problem came up when trying to run VMD. VMD pretty
> runs, but it shows nothing on the Display window.

you can try to drop to minimalistic OpenGL support via setting
the environment variable VMDSIMPLEGRAPHICS to 1. for the linux
drivers for intel graphics, this "cures" most of the issues
(by not using features, that should be available, but are not
or don't work).

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology