From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 02:43:58 CDT

Hi,

I do also see something that corresponds quite well to your description
of an occasional "glitch". It is very annoying, and it is like you swap
from a mode with fine stereo to a mode where left and right eye are not
properly represented and you cannot see real stereo.

I just wonder if that is a problem with
- nvidia driver
- stereo shutter / video driver synchronization
- VMD ( I guess not .. ? )
- high load on the machine

because for now it seems a lot more frequent when I run eg an IMD simulation
on the same machine, eg when it is under high load.

Anybody else sees this ?

The annoying thing in my case is, once it has gone clear for a frame, it
does not immediately switch back to proper stereo. So you really can't
use it when this happens.

Marc

redmond_at_engr.wisc.edu said:
>> We just got our Stereo VMD working with Linux and Quadro 750XGL card.
>> It is basically functional, but I am seeing the same types of
>> problems I saw under Windows when using shutter glasses. It is very
>> infrequent, but there will be an occasional "glitch" where both
>> lenses of the glasses go clear for a frame (or maybe a few). I
>> haven't detected the image shearing that is obvious with some Quadro
>> cards (particularly the 550XGL) on Windows since the glitches are
>> infrequent. On Windows, we end up correcting the problem with an odd
>> resync utility that EDimensional has available on their web site.
>> There is no equivalent for Linux and I am not sure what it does,
>> though I expect it syncs the glasses to monitor refresh somehow.

  Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de