From: Michele Seeber (mseeber_at_bioc.unizh.ch)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 03:19:25 CDT

Dear John,

I am using the XFree86 version that shipped with redhat9, ie 4.3.0-2. The graphic card is a NVidia 4200 go and the resolution is 1920x1200 - it's a Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop.
The complete freeze occurred while I used NVidia-Linux-x86-1.0-4349 drivers. Today I upgraded to their latest release, 1.0-4363 (24/04/2003) and vmd just takes up 99% of the CPU when resizing an empty window. The system no longer freezes but the program is not usable... I think the drivers might need some more bug-fixing. Next week I will test them on a machine running redhat8.0 with basically the same graphic card (NVidia Ti4200) where I happily run VMD with older drivers and I will let you know the outcome.

Thanx for the suggestions.