From: Kirby Vandivort (kvandivo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 10:44:07 CDT

Jeremias,

I have checked our servers, and everything is working properly on our end.

The download for the gi_taxid_prot file (which is quite large) should look
something like the following in your VMD console:

MultiSeq Info) Downloading
http://www.scs.uiuc.edu/multiseq/r3/db/gi_taxid_prot.dmp.gz to
/folder/you've/listed/gi_taxid_prot.dmp.gz
Starting.......[thousands of dots deleted]........................... Done!
MultiSeq Info) Unzipping gi_taxid_prot.dmp.gz

The gi_taxid_prot.dmp.gz file that is downloaded is 55,866,735 bytes, so it will
likely take a while, particularly if you have a slow internet connection to the
US.

Assuming you are using VMD 1.8.7, during the download VMD prints out a 'dot'
each time it downloads 8 kilobytes. Are you seeing progress as the download
continues?

Kirby

--
Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics