From: MyLinkka (mylinkka_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 20 2009 - 07:20:14 CDT

Hi, John,

I didn't install two version in the same folder. One is on C:\ driver
and the other is on E:\.
So I don't think it was a problem causing my mixing of files. But
probably the environment
variables or registry setting have some conflicts.

The symptoms are the same as before on my laptop. Vmd seems crashed
while waiting for
initialization of the contents of the main window. This is just my
feeling, because I can see
the contents of the console window and gl window already. These symptoms
are the same
as I observed on the PC which now is working well. That's why I wanted
to know if there
is some logging system built in in vmd to track the exact errors.

What kind other information can I provide? Please let me know.
Thanks for the effort by the way.

ting