From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 00:15:06 CDT

Cameron,
  Excellent. BTW, I will look into changing the default configure
script behavior to favor builds against /usr/local/* by default rather
than what we use locally. We have special paths for everything to have
tight control over what VMD is linked against, and which version of CUDA
it is compiled with, etc (we have 7 different CUDA versions locally
in both 32-bit and 64-bit variants, so as you can guess picking the one
in /usr/local is almost never the right choice.)