From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 20:41:58 CDT

Jeff,
  I looked in the raw HTML on that URL you posted (via "view source" in
firefox), and it appears that all of the spaces are still there in
the HTML itself, but firefox is collapsing them when it renders the page.
I agree that the behavior is rather odd. I'll have to look and see
if I can do something to alter the way the web archive is generated.
Maybe there are some options I can tweak to improve this situation.