From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 19:15:00 CDT

Hi,
  You don't want to use measure fit as the means of evaluating
the quality of fit, that command only gives you the transformation
matrix to get you to the best fit that the algorithm was able to
produce. Once you've already got the best fit it can find, you'll
get an identity matrix, though they may not be a perfect fit.
The way to evaluate the _quality_ of the fit is to use the
"measure rmsd" command.