From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 22:19:47 CST

Dan,
  The issue is that there's not a command to multiply a mask map
with an arbitrary input map, which is what you have in mind. There
isn't a test build with this functionality yet, but after VMD 1.8.7
is released, one of the first items on our TODO list is to do some
major reorganization of the existing "volmap" commands, and to beef
up the volumetric data processing framework to allow this and many other
computations people have asked for.