From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 01:46:53 CDT

Hi,
  Can you send me an email with the images in question?
I'm happy to give you suggestions on getting good results
from VMD/Tachyon. One question I have that may elucidate your
problem is whether or not you're using depth cueing, and also
whether you ran the rendering manually (outside of VMD) or
automatically from the VMD File->Render menu item.

Thanks,