From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 01:59:34 CDT

Hi,
  The default VMD atom selection macro "hydrophobic" is defined as follows:
hydrophobic resname ALA LEU VAL ILE PRO PHE MET TRP

You can redefine this macro to suit your needs as necessary...
As you can see, it's just a simple atom selection macro and nothing
more sophisticated. You can see the definitions of this and other
atom selection macros in the graphics form under the selection tab.