From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2008 - 11:19:02 CDT

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008, lei wang wrote:

LW> Hi

dear lei wang,

LW>    I'm using VMD 1.8.6, my OS is CentOS 5.0. The Movie maker plugin
LW> comflict with SCIM input method. When switch on SCIM, I can't change
LW> the parameters for Movie maker, because nothing can be inputed. I
LW> knew that tcl/tk version before 8.4.13 conflict with
LW> SCIM, the version of tcl/tk used by Movie maker may just before
LW> 8.4.13.

yes. this is a known problem of tcl/tk and it is documented in the
VMD release notes and there is nothing that can be done about it
but turning off SCIM. the next release of VMD will be built against
the new tcl/tk 8.5 which does not have this problem. you can find
instructions to try out the latest alpha versions that should be
already build this way at:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

cheers,
   axel.