From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2008 - 02:04:50 CDT

Dear VMD-L,
  This is my last note before I go offline until July 8th...

For those of you that have the SpaceNavigator devices, I've
posted Linux/Unix and MacOS X test builds of VMD 1.8.7 alpha 30
that have support for these devices. They are in the VMD Public
project on BioCoRE in the "alpha" directory:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

The Mac version of the code needs improvement still due to the way
MacOS X queues Spaceball events, but I'll be working on it when
I return. In the mean time, I'd love to get feedback from
users that want to try these out. I've written up some very
crude initial instructions here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/minitutorials/spaceball/

Hopefully this will give people something to play with while I'm away.

See you after July 8th.