From: B. Bennion (bbennion_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 14:36:07 CST

Hi Marcela,

You need to have raster3d install on you computer. The text file below is
a script for raster3d. In linux the command would be

render < plot.r3d >somefile

you can download the program from
http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/raster3d.html

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Marcela Madrid wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:58:57 -0500
> From: Marcela Madrid <mmadrid_at_psc.edu>
> To: vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
> Subject: rendering from VMD
>
> hi,
>
> I have installed raster 3D on my PC and I tried rendering
> an image from VMD. It seems it worked since it says "Rendering complete"
> and I get a file called plot.r3d
> Now how do I visualize this file? I am using xv but it thinks it is
> a text file. Actually the file looks like a text file, such as:
>
> r3d input script^M
> 126 121 tiles in x,y^M
> 4 4 computing pixels per tile^M
> 4 alti-aliasing scheme 4; 3x3 -> 2x2^M
> 0.00 0.00 0.00 background color^M
> T shadows on^M
> 20 Phong power^M
> 1.00 secondary light contribution^M
> 0.10 ambient light contribution^M
> 0.50 specular reflection component^M
> 0.67 Eye position^M
> 1 0 0 main light source position^M
> 1 0 0 0 global xform matrix^M
> 0 1 0 0^M
> 0 0 1 0^M
> 0 0 0 3.000^M
> 3^M
> *^M
> *^M
> *^M
>
> Does this mean it worked or not? thanks, Marcela

Graduate Research Assistant
Dep. Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington
Tel# (206)616-2779
BOX 357610 Seattle WA 98195

email--bbennion_at_u.washington.edu
web page--http://students.washington.edu/bbennion