From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 15:40:29 CST

Hi,
  I don't have access to a copy of that paper, but you should have a look
at Axel Kohlmeyer's tutorials here, which contain a great deal of useful
tips on generating geometric renderings for glyphs like arrows that you
might use for this sort of thing:
  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/index.html