From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 16:46:02 CST

Dear Marc,
  You are correct. When in -dispdev text or -dispdev none mode,
VMD does not advertise any stereo modes at all. If this is something
that you need, we can probaby make it possible to at least set it to
"left" and "right". If you have a specific need for this in -dispdev
text mode, please tell us more about it so I have a better idea what
people might want to use it for.

Thanks,