From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 15:11:38 CST

Dear VMD-L,
  I thought this might be of interest to people looking for stereo flat
panel displays. I recently added new code supporting these DTI displays
in VMD 1.8 alpha 29.

  John

----- Forwarded message from Mike Doolin <mjd_at_dti3d.com> -----

From: "Mike Doolin" <mjd_at_dti3d.com>
To: "John Stone" <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: VMD 1.8 alpha 29 available for testing!
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:06:21 -0500

Hi John - thanks for the update on VMD. As you know, we have tested the alpha 29 version extensively here with our switchable 2D/3D flat panel displays - both the 15" and the 18.1" sizes - and all we can say is WOW! The combination of your software and our no-glasses 3D Display is just great! We've seen lots of 3D software over the years for scientific visualization, but the VMD package is truly extraordinary. The images really do jump off the screen and hang in space, and VMD's extensive viewing choices and manipulation options combined with the extra depth dimension delivers huge amounts of information that is simply not available in a flat image.
We will be doing an email release soon to let our customers know of your support for our 2D/3D Displays.

If your VMD users would like to see these remarkable displays in action, both sizes will be in selected CompUSA stores in ten cities soon, probably toward the end of next week or by Monday the 18th. We will be doing an email news release shortly to that effect, and we will identify the cities in that announcement. The displays will also be available for purchase on CompUSA's web site, and we'll be including that site address in one of the emails. You may want to pass this info along to selected VMD users. Sales of these displays have always been brisk, and for that reason it has been difficult for us to have enough demonstration units available so that everyone who wanted to see the technology before purchase was able to. Many customers bought without ever seeing a display, and while we certainly can't complain about that, we know that there are many folks who would like to see the display before purchase. The availability through CompUSA should help alleviate that and expose these displays to many more peop
le.

If you want to send anyone directly to our site for more info, here's the link: www.dti3d.com

Thanks again for your support. We appreciate it.

Mike Doolin
Marketing Manager
Dimension Technologies Inc.