From: Jeffrey D. Hartgerink (jdh_at_rice.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 12:32:44 CDT

Dear VMD / MacOSX team,

I have just subscribed to the VMD mailing list, so please forgive me if this
has been discussed previously.

I am currently running VMD 1.8a21 (18-Jul-2002) native build on MacOS X.
This weekend I upgraded my system to 10.2 and have found that this has
broken VMD. VMD appears to launch successfully, however all the VMD window
are unresponsive and are met with a "spinning beach ball". The terminal
window, however, is still responsive and commands such as help and exit
function as expected. This did not occur under 10.1.5.

As you are probably already aware of this problem, I was wondering if you
have any time line for a fix. I have grown to really appreciate VMD and have
become quite dependant on it. Needless to say I am very happy that you have
ported VMD to MacOSX. Please keep up the good work!

Jeff Hartgerink

Jeffrey D. Hartgerink, Ph. D. email: jdh_at_rice.edu
Assistant Professor of Chemistry office: 713-348-4142
Rice University, Mail Stop 65 fax: 713-348-6355
6100 Main Street web: www.ruf.rice.edu/~jdh
Houston, TX 77005