From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 12:53:55 CDT

Dear Jeff,
  One of the other VMD users just told us about this a few days ago,
and since we just received a copy of MacOS 10.2 here we have also reproduced
the problem. At the moment I believe that the problem is related to the
resource file that goes with the VMD binary. We are working on the problem
but I don't have a solution just yet as we don't have the developer tools for
10.2 up yet. As soon as we get them, the first thing we're going to try is
to re-create the resource file for the VMD binary using the 10.2 tools and
see if that cures the problem. If you already have the developer tools
on your machine, then your best bet is to regenerate the resource file
from the vmdmac.r file, which I can email you if you want to give it a
shot. I'm hoping we'll have this cured quickly. If its just a resource file
issue, I would expect it to be solved in the next few days at worst, its
just a matter of us getting a test machine setup with 10.2 that can do builds
etc.

Thanks,