From: MengJuei Hsieh (mengjueh_at_uci.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 20:54:41 CDT

on 8/15/02 3:08 PM, John Stone at johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu wrote:
> Hey,
> Cool :)
> I don't know how to make all of the neato transparent icons etc for
> MacOS X yet. Yours is pretty cool, the one thing I had been wondering
> about is whether or not its possible to antialias the edges of the "VMD"
> letters in the icon you made, or if the icon only supports an "on/off"
> transparency, rather than a smoothly antialiased alpha value for each pixel.
> If you guys have suggestions for better Windows, MacOS X, Gnome, and CDE
> icons, we'd certainly love to see them! :)
> Thanks!
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 05:15:49PM -0700, MengJuei Hsieh wrote:
>> Hi,
>> This is the transparent MacOS X icon for VMD, I played with it for a while,
>> just for fun.

Dear John,

How about this icon now? I redrew it instead of using the original icon. By
the way, VMD 1.8a21 OpenGL bundle is not working in Jaguar (MacOS X 10.2
6C115), the focus is gone, sounds like you guys need to regenerate the
resource file for OS10.2?

Best,
mj

--
Mengjuei Hsieh, M.S., Luo Computational Biochemistry Group
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry