From: Jill Vickery (jvickery_at_uci.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 11:53:48 CDT

I am trying to set up VMD on a PC running Windows XP with an nVidia Geforce4
MX420 video card using the Eye3D premium glasses. However, when the Eye3D
adapter is put in place no power goes to the Eye3D transmitter and the
monitor no longer works. In contacting Eye3D they say the system does not
work with XP (I must have an NT based system to run other programs). Has
anyone been successful in using Eye3D glasses with Windows XP, if so any
hints would be appreciated.

Also I see that nVidia has new stereo drivers they say will work with the
E-D glasses from e-dimensional (no mention of the Eye3D glasses by nVidia).
Since E-dimensional says their glasses will work with Windows XP and the
nVidia card I am considering getting rid of the Eye3D glasses and trying the
E-D glasses. Does anyone have experience with the E-D glasses and what is
your opinion of them.

Jill