From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 09:55:15 CDT

Dear Jeff,
  We had hoped to have an Amber 7 plugin for VMD written already, but
for various reasons it has taken much longer than originally anticipated.
One of the VMD users has volunteered to take on this effort, but I'm
willing to do it myself if there's not progress on it by the time I
return from Siggraph at the end next week. In principle we should
be able to take the recently updated Amber 7 code in NAMD and make
it a VMD plugin, and we'd be in business, but nobody has been able to
get this done yet. Worst case I'll take the code with me on my laptop
and see if I can work on it while I'm out of town next week. That'll
give me something to do while sitting in the airport on the way back
too...

  John