From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 09:43:32 CDT

Dear Josh,
  Your original note didn't make it to VMD-L because your from address
didn't match the VMD-L subscription address you chose (saw it today).

In answer to your main question, I am assuming that both of your machines
have some sort of hardware accelerated video boards, correct? The linux
machine would definitely run slower than the windows version if you
are using the MESA version as you indicated. In order to get best
performance on Linux, you should be using the "OpenGL" DRI accelerated
version for Linux. If you tell me more about your graphics hardware
I can provide you with some suggestions on the best course of action
from here to get good performance on your Linux box.

Thanks,