From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 10:10:03 CDT

Hi,
  Thanks for the suggestion for the labels menu.
In the mean time, though there isn't a built-in button to
delete all labels, you can "roll your own" using the
user-programmable hotkeys in the VMD graphics window.

The easiest way to do this is to add a few lines to your
.vmdrc file as follows:

proc deletealllabels {} {
  foreach { l } [label list] {
    label delete $l
  }
}

user add key D deletealllabels

If you would like to see what the other hotkey assignments
are, use "user print keys". Note that these hotkeys only work
when your mouse focus is on the VMD graphics window.

Let us know if you need any additional help with this.

Thanks,