From: Todd J. Furlong (tfurlong_at_deltasearchlabs.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 11:20:57 CDT

I see in the code that transparency is implemented using the "screen
door" method with glPolygonStipple rather than using the alpha channel.
     I assume this was done because it is faster, but is there another
reason? Maybe having the option for either method would be a desirable
feature of VMD 1.8?

-Todd

--
Todd J. Furlong