From: Laurence F. Wood (LaurenceWood_at_SunyataSystems.Com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 13:09:19 CDT

Hey John,

Second that! We use the alpha channel for transparency and it looks
much better and provides more flexibility (allowing the user to select
how transparent something is wins big time). I would wager that most
users have opengl acceleration of some sort (most laptops come with
opengl hardware these days.)

Larry