From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 10:11:18 CDT

Dear Robert,
  Last Friday and this weekend Justin looked more closely at the CPU
usage issue you had reported, and it turns out that there was actually
a bug in the code. It only showed up on certain platforms,
apparently related to the efficiency of the graphics driver software or
something similar. The problem was not apparent on Sun machines or on
Windows as you mentioned, but was quite obvious when run on one of the
Linux machines here. The problem is now fixed, and the next version of
VMD will no longer exhibit the problem you described, on any platform.

Thanks again,