From: R. M. Fesinmeyer (rmf_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 22:57:14 CDT

John,

Thank you for your responses regarding VMD and multithreading. I will look
for the information on transforming molecule coordinates you mentioned as
well.

With respect to graphics issues (see below), my system uses a GeForce2MX
card with RedHat 7.1 (XFree86 upgraded to 4.0.3). I've installed the latest
nVidia drivers and my impression is that hardware acceleration is being
used. I don't see this behavior when running VMD on a Windows 2000 machine
with similar hardware. I have noticed that the Windows platform provides
better graphic performance, perhaps suggesting that hardware acceleration is
not in use under Linux. Any insights into this issue would be appreciated.

Robert