From: B. Bennion (bbennion_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 10:37:32 CDT

Hi Tom,

In my vmd 1.5 that I refered to, the pdb+ crd option is still there. Some
how it got left behind in later versions.
Maybe John could comment on that.

There is a sample parm file in the distributions. It is just a text file
that outlines the internal properties of the system. For your systems the
file would be easy to make.

Brian

On 4 Oct 2001, tom keyes wrote:

> Date: 4 Oct 2001 10:44:41 -0400
> From: tom keyes <keyes_at_chem.bu.edu>
> To: B. Bennion <bbennion_at_u.washington.edu>
> Cc: vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
> Subject: Re: new user animation question
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2001 1:47 AM, B. Bennion <mailto:bbennion_at_u.washington.edu>
> wrote:
> >crd files work very nicely. This file is just a text file with three
> >columns of atomic positions, VMD does need to know how many atoms to put
> >in a single frame though. My group used crd files for awhile. An
> >intitial pdb file will give cmd what it needs to know.
> >
> >your can access several file formats using the molecule menu.
>
> Brian,
> Thanks, it would be very convenient to be able to use a text file with 3
> cols xyz, my usual way of writing trajectories. However all I find in the
> Molecule menu using crd is parm and crd. How do you load pdb and crd? If I
> figure out how to write a parm file can I just load it plus my trajectories
> renamed .crd?
> BTW I said yesterday VMD choked on loading a big file of repeated pdb
> files for different time steps. When I made the file smaller by taking just
> a few time steps it read it but said it was one frame with more atom, the
> number of atome = the true number times the number of time steps.
> Tom

Graduate Research Assistant
Dep. Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington
Tel# (206)616-2779
BOX 357610 Seattle WA 98195

email--bbennion_at_u.washington.edu
web page--http://students.washington.edu/bbennion